8.10.2008

Count Your Many Blessings

I love that Hymn.
(Click HERE and then on the hymn name to open the song. You may need to click on the play button once the song opens!)

I was sitting in Church today as that hymn was sung and it really hit me that I don't thank the Lord enough for all the blessings that I enjoy each and every day. How often do we go about our lives without stopping to thank the one who made all this possible? Do you ever stop and think where you would be in your life without your Savior?

I know that as I watch my kids playing and laughing, that I am a blessed man. What greater joy can a parent experience than that of their child's laughter? What a magical sound that is. And I find myself all to often being the one that puts the stop to the laughter with my need for order and obedience. That isn't bad per say, but I feel that I could be a little more patient- a little slower to anger. Thankfully one of the blessings of my babies is that they are quick to forgive me.

I know that there is a Father in Heaven, MY father. He was willing to send his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to walk the earth and set an example for us. I am so thankful for that.

Remember that when life becomes a struggle, simply get on your knees and thank that Lord for all the blessings you enjoy. He will bless you and comfort you.


Take Care...

No comments:

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...