5.15.2009

2 Nephi and Apathy

2 Nephi 32:7

And now I, Nephi, cannot say more; the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men; for *they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can be.

This about summarizes how I feel life is going. There seems to be such a lack of willingness, no- desire to accomplish much anymore. I don't understand how everyone can have such apathy.

"It's not my problem..."

"What can I do about it?"

"Who cares..."

These are all common answers and statements I hear daily in my line of work. I also hear them all the time coming from the people around me.

It is time to stand up and say, "Yes! It does matter. I need to care. I need to search out good learning. I need to stand up and make a statement that we do have a reason to care; we do have a reason to work hard."

I know that as we work hard to do our best, to stand up and be counted among the Lord's chosen, that we will have greater peace and harmony in our lives and homes.

Keep the Faith...

(*Underlining added for emphasis)

No comments:

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...