5.30.2011

Humility and Kindness

With the events that have been taking place in my life over the past few weeks, I have come to realize that I have a lot to learn about humility and kindness. These two distinct, yet almost inseparable traits are found where ever there is giving and sharing and love.

Today, my wife was able to take the sacrament for the first time in a month. She has been so ill that she hasn't made it to church, and then ending up at UVRMC in Provo in the ICU made it impossible to go to church as well. Today, Brother and Sister Kendall came around and offered us the sacrament. What a great experience it was. I was also able to help bless and pass. My wife wept as we pressed the bread to her lips and poured a little water into her mouth. She wept with joy at having taken the sacrament again.It was very touching.

Sister Kendall then asked to share a message. She shared three thoughts. One was about Faith, one was Proverbs 3:5-6, and the last one was about praying for the wrong things. All three were very appropriate for where we are right now. I know that as I learn to be accepting of this situation, learn to be accepting of others kindness, and learn to show humility as I allow others to serve me, I know that I will grow ever closer to my Savior, and that things will continue to improve.

Keep the Faith...

No comments:

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...