4.22.2012

Knowing Jesus

I was a substitute in Nursery today.  I took my almost one year old daughter in with me.  As the children were having play time, I was sitting in a chair by the wall, holding my daughter.  She wanted to stand up, so I let her stand on my lap.  She looked at the wall behind me and I saw this look of recognition come over her little face.  I turned around to see what she was looking at and there was a picture of Christ on the wall just over my shoulder.  I looked back at my daughter and asked her if she knew who that was.  I told her it was Jesus.  She got a huge grin on her face and leaned toward me.  I wasn't sure what she wanted until she let go of my fingers and laid her head on the picture of Christ.  She had her arms out like she was giving him a hug. She pulled away from the picture and smiled at me.  I said, "Yes, that is Jesus."  She leaned toward the picture again and gave it a kiss, and then another.  It was a moment I'll never forget. Kind of makes you wonder how thin the veil really is with these little children.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow! Chills... Seriously. Such a tender moment. Thank you for sharing it.

Corine Moore said...

I just found your blog, but sat here reading one post after the other and just want to tell you how much I enjoyed reading. The Savior really is wonderful, isn't he? I love that I can tell how much you love him and how much you really do strive to follow him. It isn't always easy, but it IS worth it! :D
Keep the faith...

Mr. Hughes said...

Thank you for your kind words! :)
I am grateful that you were able to enjoy the posts. We don't post as often as we should, but it is nice to be able to share our thoughts and feelings. I popped on over to your blog as well. I enjoyed reading a couple of posts and will be back soon for more. Thanks for finding us.
Truly, Keep the Faith...

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...