9.17.2012

Relying Upon the Lord

Time has flown by since the last post. When I saw four months on my teaching blog sidebar, I realized that it was time to leave a post, short though it may be.

I feel that I have had a few ups and lots of downs over the past 4 months. Small things like struggling to fulfill my calling to medium things like trying to be a good father and teacher to mega things like losing a close friend to an untimely death.

Most days I feel completely jumbled inside. The workings of the spirit is trying to guide me and it seems that I fight that guidance by letting the day-to-day stresses of life flood my mind. I get so caught up in wanting to be a good father, a good educator for my students at school, and dealing with being a perfectionist that it seems there is little time or energy to focus on the things the Lord requires of me.

"Just focus on what you need too."

This seems to be the advice from family and friends, and if it were only that simple, I think everyone would be completely righteous. No, it seems to me that the harder I try, the less I get accomplished and the farther I feel from my Savior.

I long for that peaceful feeling that comes with giving my life over to the Lord, and I know that a desire to be enveloped in his loving guidance is a huge first step.

Yes, there are many little things that I need to work on, and believe me when I say that I am well aware of that. But, until I can find a place where I can just "Let go, and Let God", I will continue to have these struggles.

However, I also know that I CAN do this, and I continually pray that I will be given strength beyond my own to accomplish it.

Keep the Faith...

No comments:

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...