10.15.2012

Jesus has Resigned...

So, tonight during scripture reading, my daughter was reading away. We were in 1 Nephi 22:26 which reads-

26 And because of the arighteousness of his people, bSatan has no power; wherefore, he cannot be loosed for the space of cmanyyears; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel dreigneth.

As she ended the verse she said, "...and the Holy One of Israel resigneth."

We all stopped and thought about that for a minute. We laughed, but the thought crossed my mind, "What WOULD happen if the Lord just resigned?"

It wasn't a pleasant picture. I sometimes think that with all the struggles I have and do face that sometimes the Lord maybe WANTS to resign, but I am ever grateful for a Savior who is willing to stick with me despite my failures, struggles, and outright sinning. 

So, I guess the next time you feel like giving up, remember that our Savior has experienced anything and everything that WE might encounter and he understands. I don't think there will be any resignations anytime soon, either from the Lord...
Or, from me.

No comments:

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...