2.22.2009

A Way Back...

I have to say that it is different with new ward leadership. The focus of our ward has shifted, and I would say drastically. I don't say that with any negativity or malice. Different is different. I feel that with the new leadership has come a focus on the individual and a real desire to change the apathy in our ward. We aren't just talking about a need for change, we are setting goals and MAKING change. Our prayer is, that as we reach out to those members who are less-active or inactive, they will know that there is a way back.

I am excited. I know that as the ward members start feeling the need to follow our Savior- to reach out to those around them with pure intent, and not for self gain- that our ward will blossom. It was a scary thought to hear our bishop tell us that he feels that we have seen the best of times for quite a while. I am thankful that my sweet wife and I were able to create a budget to fit our lifestyle. The best part was, we didn't really have to give much up, we just to be realistic in what we have and what we can spend. But, that is a whole other post.

I just want to say to anyone reading this that feels the need to return. Please know that, though it may feel like you are being judged (and maybe a few people do- the Lord will deal with them eventually) we want you back. The Lord wants you back, and your Father in Heaven wants you back. The first step is the hardest. But take it. Let others help you. Pray and seek the Lord. It's not impossible, but it will be difficult. We are waiting for you. There is a way back...Find it, Take it, Live It.

Keep the Faith...

No comments:

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...