4.23.2009

Lost My Way

Some days I feel as if I have lost my way. I see the corruption, the blatant disregard for human decency, lack of respect, and the selfish attitude of "What's in it for me?". Apathy is rampant. The youth seem to faltering as the economy no longer allows parents to cater to every whim of their child. I get worried and then frustrated. I try to picture what the world will be like for my little ones when they are grown and it scares me. Satan has many new fronts on which to wage his war against righteousness. iPods, Wii's, X-Box, Playstations, PDA's, Laptops, etc. And the trend is that a majority of songs and games seem to be established for one purpose: The lead us away from the savior.
It makes me feel helpless. I work hard to teach my children, and I think they do well. But as I work with the youth, I am continually reminded that it truly is the "Me' generation, created by parents who tried to be friends instead of parents. I hope for the sake of all of us, that things can change. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Keep the Faith...

No comments:

Please Enjoy These Thoughts As Well:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...